National Preparedness Month: Practice and build out your plans
In honor of National Preparedness Month, Michigan Medicine Emergency Management Operations is offering tips and suggestions to faculty and staff each week to help keep them safe in case of an emergency.
This week focuses on practicing and building out your plans:
- Complete an Emergency Financial First Aid Kit (EFFAK).
- Maintain cash for use in case of an emergency.
- Plan and carry out an emergency drill for your family.
- Know how to access community resources (e.g., shelters, food banks), such as those offered by the American Red Cross.
- Make sure your department fan-out list is updated
- Test your department fan-out list
- Plan and practice a mini drill in your department
- Know the Michigan Medicine Emergency Codes
For more information, please visit the Emergency Management Operations website.