National Preparedness Month: Plan to help your neighbor and community
In honor of National Preparedness Month, Michigan Medicine Emergency Management Operations is offering tips and suggestions to faculty and staff each week to help keep them safe in case of an emergency.
The next installment focuses on helping neighbors and community members in need:
- Learn skills you need to help yourself and others until help can arrive.
- Take Until Help Arrives training.
- Check on your neighbors.
- Talk with your power company about utility safety.
- Keep an eye out for suspicious activity in your neighborhood. Remember: See something, say something.
- Review your department fire safety cards
- Talk to your neighboring unit about evacuation
- Bookmark utility outage information:
- Assure your unit has flashlights and extra batteries!
- For clinics, assure your emergency bags are up-to-date.
For more information, please visit the Emergency Management Operations website.