National Preparedness Month: Make a plan for yourself, family and friends
In honor of National Preparedness Month, Michigan Medicine Emergency Management Operations will offer tips and suggestions to faculty and staff each week to help keep them safe in case of an emergency.
The first installment focuses on planning ahead, no matter where you are.
Here are ways to prepare for a potential emergency:
- Make an Emergency Plan. Consider a plan for work, school, home, traveling, etc. Learn more by clicking here.
- Sign up for alerts and warnings in your area.
- Learn your evacuation zone and have an evacuation plan.
- Check your insurance coverage and review the Document and Insure Property guide.
- Know your department plan for emergencies
- Sign up for U-M Emergency Alerts
- Review your Unit Fire Safety Tackboard for evacuation routes and evacuation equipment
- Review Basic Staff Responses to emergencies
For more information, please visit the Emergency Management Operations website.