National Preparedness Month: Get involved!
In honor of National Preparedness Month, Michigan Medicine Emergency Management Operations is offering tips and suggestions to faculty and staff each week to help keep them safe in case of an emergency.
The final installment focuses on getting involved in your community:
- Get your campus, business, faith-based organization and community organization prepared for an emergency
- Join Weather Ready Nation
- Sign up for Ready Business Workshop
- Become a member of a local Community Emergency Response Team (find a local team)
- Review your department’s critical incident plan and know the location of your safe rooms
- Be a volunteer in Michigan, visit the Michigan Volunteer Registry
For more information, please visit the Emergency Management Operations website.