Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming road closures
Please be advised that construction and special events are likely to cause upcoming road closures around the area.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning today, Catherine St. is expected to be closed eastbound between North Main and North Fifth Ave. for construction.
- Miller traffic approaching from the west will be detoured on North First Ave., Ann and North Division.
- Traffic approaching from the north and south on North Main will be directed to use East Ann and North Division.
- Catherine will close eastbound between North Ingalls and Glen, with travelers instructed to use East Ann.
- The contractor will maintain one-way traffic on Catherine through the entire construction area between Glen Ave. and North Main, with one lane operating in the westbound direction.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained during the project.
- The project is expected to be completed by Friday, Aug. 25.
- From 1 p.m. until 11 p.m. today, the following streets are scheduled to be closed for the UA Block Party and the Plumbers and Pipefitters 5K:
- South Main between William and Huron
- Liberty and Washington streets between South Ashley and South Fourth Ave.
- The following streets are expected to be closed for the same events from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. today:
- Liberty from South Main St. to State St.
- State St. between North University and Washington
- North University from State St. to Fletcher — north and westbound lanes
- Fletcher from North University to Washington — west and north sidewalk
- Washington St. — south and eastbound lanes
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!