Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming road work
July 31, 2017 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that upcoming construction projects may cause traffic delays around the area.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The city of Ann Arbor will be performing minor rehabilitation work to the walls along Huron Parkway. The work will run from approximately 1,000 feet south of Washtenaw Ave. to East Huron River Dr.
- Only one lane of traffic will be closed at any given time during the project, which is scheduled to take place daily between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- It is expected that maintenance will begin on the west side of Huron Parkway before switching to the east side.
- No work will be performed during rush hours
- Sidewalks will be closed on whichever side of the road the work is being performed.
- A project on South Forest Ave. between Washtenaw Ave. and South University will cause southbound traffic to be detoured.
- Southbound South Forest Ave. will be directed south on Washtenaw to west on South University.
- Northbound and local traffic will be maintained, as will pedestrian traffic on one side of the street.
- The work is scheduled to run through Monday, Aug. 14.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!