Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming road closures
July 13, 2017 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that a number of construction projects and special events are expected to cause road closures around Ann Arbor in the coming days.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area. Here’s what you need to know:
- The north side of Church St. at the intersection of South University is scheduled to be closed for resurfacing work until 3 p.m. today. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- On Friday, July 14, from noon until midnight, the following streets are scheduled to be closed due to the Rolling Sculpture Car Show:
- South Main between Huron and William
- Liberty between South Ashley and South Fifth
- Washington between South Ashley and South Fourth (except for traffic entering/exiting the Washington St. parking structure)
- On Saturday, July 15, the eastbound M-14 entrance and exit ramps at Barton Drive are expected to be closed from 5 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- North University between Fletcher and Thayer is scheduled to be closed from 9 a.m. on Sunday, July 16 until 7 a.m. on Wednesday, July 19 for the Townie Street Party and Art Fair setup.
- On Monday, July 17 from 3 p.m. until 8 p.m., the following streets are expected to be closed for the Ann Arbor Mile:
- State St. between Monroe and Washington
- Monroe between State St. and Tappan
- Tappan between Monroe and South University
- Liberty between Maynard and State St.
- North University between State and Thayer
- From 6 a.m. on Wednesday, July 19 until midnight on Sunday, July 23, the following roads are scheduled to be closed for the Ann Arbor Art Fair:
- Liberty from South Ashley to South State St.; Ashley, Fourth Ave., Fifth Ave. and Division will remain open to through traffic
- North University from Fletcher to South State St.
- Thayer from North University — including the North University intersection — to East Washington
- East Washington from South State St. to Fletcher
- South Main St. from the south side of Huron to the north side of William; Huron, Washington and William streets will remain open to traffic
- South State St. from East Washington to Madison
- South University from State to South Forest
- East University from South University to Willard
- Church from Willard to the entrance of the U-M Church St. parking structure
- Maynard from Liberty to Jefferson
- Jefferson from Maynard to Thompson
- William from State St. to Thompson
- Thompson from Liberty to the parking structure entrance/exit
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!