Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming road closures
June 5, 2017 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that a number of upcoming construction projects and special events will cause road closures around the Ann Arbor area.
Plan ahead and expect delays and notify patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- East William St. is expected to be closed westbound at South Division through Friday, June 16. Traffic will be detoured by using Thompson St., East William St. and South Fifth Ave. One-way traffic eastbound will be maintained.
- Westbound South University traffic is scheduled to be detoured southbound on Forest, west on Hill St. and then northbound on Church or East University through July 14 for a water main project. Pedestrian traffic will not be impacted.
- The next phase of a water main project at the intersection of Green Rd. and Plymouth Rd. is scheduled to begin on Thursday, June 8.
- Traffic along Plymouth Rd. at its intersection with Green Rd. will be reduced to one lane heading westbound.
- Two lanes of traffic will be maintained eastbound during the duration of the project.
- Left-turning traffic from Plymouth Rd. onto Green Rd. in both directions will be directed to Commonwealth Blvd. and then to Green Rd.
- Pedestrian and bicycle traffic will not be impacted.
- The project is expected to be completed by Wednesday, July 12.
The following events are scheduled to cause some temporary road closures in the area:
On Friday, June 9, from 3 p.m. until 11 p.m., the following streets will be closed for the 17th annual Mayor’s Green Fair:
- South Main St. from William to Huron
- Liberty St. from South Ashley to South Fourth Ave.
- Washington St. from South Ashley to South Fourth Ave. (except for traffic entering and exiting the Washington St. parking structure)
On Thursday, June 15, Thursday, July 13 and Thursday, Aug. 3, the following street will be closed for Sonic Lunch:
- Liberty between South Fifth and Division
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!