Plan ahead and expect delays: Area construction projects
Please be advised that a number of upcoming projects will likely cause road closures and traffic delays around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning today through Friday, June 30, southbound Maynard between East William and East Jefferson will be detoured west on East William, east on East Jefferson and back to Maynard. Northbound traffic will be detoured north on Thompson St., east on East William and back to Maynard. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained throughout the project.
- Between Monday, June 19 and Friday, July 14, traffic on Washtenaw between Forest and South University is scheduled to be reduced to one lane, eastbound, for ramp and streetscape work. The lane closure is scheduled to take place between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. daily. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on one side of the street at all times.
- Between Monday, June 19 and Sept. 1, the intersection of Nixon Rd., Green Rd. and Dhu Varren Rd. is expected to be closed for construction of a new roundabout.
- Eastbound Dhu Varren and southbound Nixon traffic will be detoured to Pontiac Trail, Barton Dr. and then to Plymouth Rd.
- Northbound Nixon and westbound Green traffic will be detoured to Plymouth Rd., Barton Dr. and then to Pontiac Trail.
- Pedestrian and bike traffic will be maintained.
- Between Monday, June 19 and Monday, July 3, the right lane of southbound Stone School Rd. between Ticknor Court and Packard Rd. is scheduled to be closed daily from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. for sidewalk installation. Traffic will be merged into the adjacent travel lane and not detoured.
- Beginning Saturday, June 17, the next stage of the Stadium Blvd. project will be implemented. That means South Main St. is expected to be restricted to one lane of traffic northbound at the Stadium Blvd. intersection.
- Southbound South Main St. traffic will be detoured along Pauline Blvd. to South Seventh to Scio Church to South Main.
- The project will likely be completed by the first home football game, and all lanes of South Main will be opened for the Ann Arbor Art Fairs.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!