Faculty, staff earn CVC Directors Awards
Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 Frankel Cardiovascular Center Directors Awards!
The winners — which were announced earlier this month — were given to those who best exemplify the CVC’s values of collaboration, innovation, commitment to excellence, respect and compassion.
Michelle Donnelly of physician communications was honored with the Directors’ Award of Excellence. Donnelly’s experience, expertise and wisdom is tapped daily to create and implement process improvement initiatives in clinical care for the Patient Flow Coordinator team.
Other award winners include:
- Clinical Care individual award: Laura Horwood, nurse practitioner
- Clinical Care team award: Cardiac Surgery Clinical Care Coordinator team: Susan Hooker, Maureen Daly, Lynn Hendee, Monica Johnson, Marguerite Krajacic, Marry Passow, Kathy Travis, Elisabeth Murphy, Diane Salata
- Education individual award: Peter Hagan, M.D, assistant professor of internal medicine and Cardiovascular Medicine Fellowship Program director
- Education team award: Mardigian Wellness Resource Center: Bethany Lee-Lehner, Amy Hyde, Meagan Tenyer
- Research individual award: Daniel Michele, Ph.D., associate professor of molecular and integrative physiology, associate professor of internal medicine, associate director of the CV Research and Entrepreneurship Pre-doctoral T32, director of Cardiovascular Phenotyping Core, director of the CVC and Esperance Summer Fellowship Program
- Research team award: Cardiovascular Center Clinical Research Group (C3RG): Kerri Briesmiester, Jenny Frick, Ann Cornicelli, Anisa Driscoll, Marilyn Cramer, Ellen Kolarik, Katie Wopinsky, Judy Grossi, Amanda Kasparek, Sarah Rubin
Click here to see photos from the event.
Thank you to all of the winners — and to everyone at Michigan Medicine — for their hard work and dedication to delivering world-class patient care, education and research.