Apply now for Staff Nurse EBP Fellowship
The Nursing Research and Translation Committee is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the third cohort of the Staff Nurse Evidence-Based Practice Fellowship.
The goals of the year-long fellowship program are to:
- Increase individual staff nurse knowledge around evidence-based practice, implementation, and quality improvement.
- Improve quality of care for patients by implementing evidence-based care to address an area of concern.
- Continue to grow the nursing culture at Michigan Medicine to value evidence-based practice and to be leaders in this work.
The fellowship will begin in October and provides an opportunity for staff nurses to take a clinical idea through the evidence-based practice process with support and guidance provided by university experts. The fellowship is composed of a mixture of classroom education, self-learning and dedicated work time.
Content that will be covered includes finding, critiquing, and synthesizing research articles; implementation strategies to ensure success; and methods for evaluation.
Six staff nurses will be selected for the fellowship. They will be supported by a mentor, their unit/local leadership, individuals from the Research and Translation Committee (including a Michigan Medicine librarian), and other nursing and institutional groups.
Time spent in classes and some work time (up to 8 hours per month) are supported by the Department of Nursing. Additional time is expected and will be done on personal time.
Candidates are eligible to apply for this fellowship if they meet the following criteria:
- Nurse in the framework or role specific advancement model (RSAM).
- Are in good standing (not in disciplinary action).
- Are in any setting including inpatient, ambulatory care, the OR/PACU areas, home care, and others (e.g. interventional radiology, medical procedures unit, etc).
- Have worked for the organization as a nurse for at least one year and can commit to working in their current location (e.g. unit, clinic, etc) for at least another year.
If you have any questions, contact the co-chairs of the Nursing Research and Translation Committee: Corinne Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or Leah Shever at email@example.com or 734-647-7373 or administrative assistant Ashleigh Testorelli at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-936-9335.
The application can be found by clicking here. The deadline for submission is June 16.
The Research and Translation Committee will announce the selected fellows in August. The fellowship is being offered in consultation and backing from the Michigan Nurses Association.
You must be logged in to post a comment.