Traveling abroad? Register your travel with U-M
To ensure the safety of U-M community members, all Michigan Medicine faculty, staff and students are reminded to utilize the organization’s travel registry when traveling abroad for university-related purposes.
The registry is a secure way for team members to record their travel plans and contact information in case of an emergency. It also provides access to university-approved travel abroad health insurance.
Here is what you need to know about the travel registry:
Who is required to register their travel?
- All U-M faculty, staff and students traveling abroad for university-related purposes
- Those traveling domestically may also register — as well as those traveling for personal reasons or leisure
- Faculty and staff may also list accompanying family or friends.
What are the benefits of registering?
- Emergency communications: Your travel registration enables U-M to reach you in the event of an emergency. It is also a secure means for the university to share urgent health, safety and security-related information, if necessary.
- Health insurance: The travel registry provides access to U-M-approved travel abroad health insurance. The coverage also includes emergency evacuations in the event of political instability or natural disaster.
What else should faculty and staff know about the registry?
- Travel should be registered prior to departure.
- Travelers should update their registrations as additional information becomes available or changes occur during a trip.
For more information or to register your upcoming travel, click here.