Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming road closures
Please be advised that there are a number of upcoming construction projects and special events that will cause road closures around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
A Cinco de Mayo event is expected to close E. Liberty St. between Thompson and Division from 5 p.m. on Friday, May 5 until 2 a.m. on Saturday, May 6.
Additionally, the Burns Park Run is scheduled to cause the following road closures between 7 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 6:
- Baldwin from Wells to Cambridge
- Cambridge from Baldwin to Martin Pl.
- Martin Pl. from Cambridge to Wells
- Wells from Martin Pl. to Lincoln
- Lincoln from Wells to Cambridge
- Cambridge from Lincoln to South Forest Ave.
- South Forest Ave. from Cambridge to Granger
- Granger from South Forest Ave. to Baldwin
- Baldwin from Ganger to Brooklyn
- Brooklyn from Baldwin to Lincoln
- Lincoln from Brooklyn to Shadford
- Shadford from Lincoln to Woodside
- Woodside from Shadford to Scottwood
- Scottwood from Woodside to Norway
- Norway from Scottwood to Ferdon
- Ferdon from Norway to Wells
- Wells from Ferdon to Baldwin
Finally, an upcoming water main project is expected to cause traffic delays near the intersection of Green Rd. and Plymouth Rd. The work on the north side of the intersection is scheduled to begin on Monday, May 8.
Here are details of the project:
- Workers are expected to remove pavement, replace water mains, upgrade sidewalks and repave the Green Rd./Plymouth Rd. intersection.
- Traffic along Green Rd. is expected to be reduced to one lane in each direction.
- Left turning traffic from Green Rd. onto Plymouth Rd. will be directed to Commonwealth Blvd. and then Plymouth. A temporary traffic signal will be installed at this intersection to help mitigate traffic issues.
- Some U-M and AAATA bus routes may be impacted by the construction. Please visit the Logistics, Transportation and Parking website for the latest U-M transit services updates.
- Bicycle and pedestrian traffic will be maintained throughout the project.
- The work is scheduled to be completed by mid-June.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!