Celebrating Nurses Week 2017
During National Nurses Week — and throughout the year — Michigan Medicine is proud to celebrate nurses and their vital role in delivering the highest quality of care to patients and families.
To help support the professional development of its nurses, the Nurse Recruitment and Retention team is excited to announce a variety of educational opportunities open to all nurses:
- Dinner and pain lecture, “Managing Pain in the the Era of the Opioid Epidemic: Are New Skills Needed?”: Tuesday, June 6, 5:30 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.; Holiday Inn, 3600 Plymouth Rd., Ann Arbor.
- Cedar Point bus trip with pain lecture video: Wednesday, June 21, 7 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Grand Rounds with Marge Calarco and Magnet celebration: Wednesday, July 19, 11 a.m. – noon, grand rounds; noon – 1 p.m., magnet celebration; Ford Auditorium
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Certification Review Course: Tuesday-Wednesday, Aug. 1-2, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Kensington Hotel, 3500 S. State St., Ann Arbor
- Progressive Care Certified Nurse (PCCN) Certification Review Course: Wednesday-Thursday, Aug. 2-3, 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Kensington Hotel, 3500 S. State St., Ann Arbor
- Chicago bus trip with pain lecture video: Saturday, Aug. 19, 6 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Legal Aspects of Nursing Documentation: Friday, Sept. 8, 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Holiday Inn, 3600 Plymouth Rd., Ann Arbor
- Shipshewana bus trip with pain lecture video: Wednesday, Sept. 20, 6 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Annual Michigan Medicine Nursing Poster Days: Monday-Tuesday, Oct. 9-10; Towsley lobby (Open to all, no registration required)
- Certified Nurse Manager and Leader (CNML) review course: Friday, Dec. 8, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; Kensington Hotel, 3500 S. State St., Ann Arbor (Open to nurse directors, managers and supervisors only)
- Unlimited online CE gift cards
- Online certification review gift cards
For more information and details on how to register, click here or call 734-936-5183.