Plan ahead and expect delays: Weekend road closures
Please be advised that a number of road closures are scheduled this weekend around Ann Arbor. Plan ahead and expect delays if you will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
On Saturday, April 8 from approximately 8:30 a.m. until noon, E. Medical Center Dr. in the vicinity of the University Hospital main entrance will be reduced to one lane due to the continuation of a city maintenance project.
Access to and from UH’s main circle drive will be maintained throughout the project. Two-way traffic will also be maintained with the assistance of a flag person.
Valet services and other parking areas near the main entrance will not be impacted by the project and access to and from Nichols Dr. will be maintained during the scheduled work.
Also on Saturday, April 8, from approximately 7 a.m. until 4 p.m., the eastbound lane of North University between Thayer and Fletcher will be closed to traffic for a crane lift operation.
On Sunday, April 9, from approximately 5:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m., the following streets will be closed for the U-M Trail to the Victors 5K:
- State St. from near the Stadium Bridge to North University
- Monroe St. from State to Tappan
- Tappan from Monroe St. to South University
- South University from State to East University
- East University from South University to Fletcher
- North University from State St. to the bus shelters
- Fletcher St. from North University to E. Washington St.
- East Washington St. from Fletcher to Thayer
- Thayer from East Washington to North University
- Madison from State to Division
- Division from Madison to Hoover
- Hoover from State St. to Greene and Keech
Also on Sunday, April 9, the following roads are scheduled to be closed for the Festifools Parade from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.:
- South Main St. from William to Washington
- Liberty from South Ashley to South Fourth Ave.