Stroke Rehabilitation Program earns Joint Commission certification
Congratulations to Michigan Medicine, which is the first institution in the state to be both Comprehensive Stroke Center certified and Stroke Rehabilitation certified!
A Joint Commission reviewer recently carried out an on-site certification survey, which served as an opportunity for the Stroke Rehabilitation Program to demonstrate the outstanding work done by all the members of the inpatient rehabilitation facility team.
The successful survey — and ensuing certification — reflects the organization’s commitment to providing safe and effective patient care to individuals recovering from stroke. It also verifies that Michigan Medicine is compliant with national stroke-specific care standards.
The reviewer noted many positive attributes about the program including:
- The staff is fully engaged and works collaboratively as a team
- The staff is passionate about the patient care provided
- AHA clinical practice guidelines are fully implemented into clinical pathways and order sets
- Excellent patient education documentation is distributed by all disciplines
- The nursing mobility program serves as an example of a best practice.
For more information on the Stroke Rehabilitation Program, click here.