Be advised: Electrical shutdown for portions of UH South
January 27, 2017 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that an upcoming electrical shutdown of all regular power is needed for maintenance on the connection between the hospital and the campus power plant.
During the work, there will be no regular power or lighting at University Hospital South — in the Women’s Office Building, Holden and MCHC only — and critical power will be provided by generators in those areas with emergency (red) receptacles.
All other areas of the hospital, including old Mott proper (including the short stay inpatient unit), and Mott expansion, will NOT be impacted.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The shutdown is scheduled from 5 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 5
- Regular power sources and lighting will not be available in the designated areas
- Elevators, phones and paging systems will remain functional
- Equipment plugged into emergency outlets (red receptacles) will not be impacted
- See the map above for areas that will be affected
If you have any questions or seek more information, contact maintenance at 734-936-5054. Thank you for your patience and cooperation!