Be advised: Electrical shutdown notification
Please be advised that an upcoming electrical shutdown of all regular power is needed for the repair of a DTE power feed to the medical campus.
During the repair, power at University Hospital, the Cancer Center, Taubman Center and UH South will be provided by an alternate source from the Campus Power Plant and hospital generators. While there will be a REGULAR power outage at the beginning and the end of the shutdown, critical power for red outlets will be provided during the entire duration of the event.
Here are times when alternate power sources will be utilized:
- Start of shutdown: Saturday, Dec. 17 from 9 p.m. – 10 p.m. During this period, there will be no regular power as the hospital is switched to alternate power sources.
- Middle of shutdown: Saturday, Dec. 17 at 10 p.m. until Sunday, Dec. 18 at 5 p.m. All occupied areas will have regular and critical power during this time. Faculty, staff and patients should see no electrical difference from a typical day as all UH power will be on during this period.
- End of shutdown: Sunday, Dec. 18 from 5 p.m. – 6 p.m. During this period, there will be no regular power as the hospital is switched back to normal power sources,
Here is what you need to know:
- Equipment plugged into red outlets will be unaffected by this event.
- Equipment plugged into regular outlets and some lighting will not be available during the beginning and end of the shutdown, as listed above. However, emergency lighting will remain available at all times.
- Elevators and card readers for doors will work throughout the shutdown, though some doors may need to be manually opened.
- Paging, phones and nurse call will continue to be operational for the duration of the event.
If you have any questions or seek more information, contact your Facilities Building Manager. Thank you for your cooperation!