Workshop: Publishing scholarly work using MedEdPORTAL
Are you interested in learning how to submit to peer-reviewed curriculum sites such as MedEdPORTAL? MedEdPORTAL Publications is an educational material repository that was designed to serve as a prestigious peer-reviewed publishing venue through which educators both receive recognition for their educational scholarship works and promote these works through worldwide dissemination.
Join us for this session facilitated by Monica Lypson, MD, associate chief of staff of education, Veterans Affairs, Ann Arbor.
Following the first session you will be able to:
- Review “scholarship” as it relates to all types of learning materials
- Discuss the use of these peer-reviewed materials in your promotion and tenure process
- Identify nationally-recognized publishing sources for reviewed materials
- Outline the MedEdPORTAL suite of services: Publications,iCollaborative, and the CE directory
- Identify the purpose, focus and offerings of each service
- Detail the submission standards and posting process for each service
- Discuss tools ready for submission and plan the next steps
- Review the live site and describe search functionality
The first 90 minutes of this session will be didactic, followed by a "hands-on" experience with MedEdPORTAL. If you have a submission (completed or in process), bring it along on a laptop so that assistance can be offered on the spot.
Please consider reviewing the instructions for MedEdPORTAL submissions prior to attending the session.
When: Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2017
Time: 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Where: BSRB Seminar Rooms, 1st floor
Breakfast will be provided.
This workshop is hosted by the Office of Faculty Development. Please note that this workshop is for faculty only.
Questions? Please contact Jordan Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org.