Massey Regional TBI Conference extends call for abstracts
The Massey Regional TBI Conference is extending its deadline for investigators to submit abstracts for posters and presentations. Submissions for the conference, which will explore the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of traumatic brain injury through lectures, a poster session and scientific presentations from funded Massey TBI Grand Challenge teams, are now due Thursday, Sept. 29.
The conference is scheduled for Oct. 24 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Palmer Commons.
This is a great opportunity for investigators to speak one-on-one with members of the judging panel:
- David Wright, M.D., associate professor and vice chair for research, Emory University School of Medicine
- Eva Feldman, M.D., Ph.D., professor of neurology and director of the A. Alfred Taubman Medical Research Institute
- Robert Neumar, M.D., Ph.D., chair and professor of emergency medicine
- William Barsan, M.D., professor of emergency medicine
- Kevin Ward, M.D., professor of emergency medicine and executive director of MCIRCC
- Karin Muraszko, M.D., chair and professor of neurological surgery
- Lena Napolitano, M.D., division chief of acute care surgery and professor of surgery
- Richard Keep, Ph.D., director of Crosby Neurosurgical Laboratories and professor of neurosurgery and neuroanatomy
- Kyle Gunnerson, M.D., associate professor of emergency medicine and director of the Emergency Critical Care Center
- Hasan Alam, M.D., professor of surgery and section head of general surgery
Abstracts may address preclinical, clinical and health services research. Up to five abstracts will be selected for oral presentation.
The Michigan Center for Integrative Research in Critical Care is working together with the Massey Foundation to improve the outcomes of those who suffer severe TBIs by supporting technology development and translational and clinical research that impacts the “golden hours” of care.
Visit www.masseyconference.com to register.