The Joint Commission CSC Recertification Survey a Success!
Great news! The Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center recertification survey, which ended Tuesday afternoon, was completed without any requirements for improvement (citations).
The reviewers noted that the stroke program is extremely well run and that employees are invested and engaged in stroke patient care. A few best practices/accolades included:
- Involvement of patient-centered care representatives in the program quality committees
- Leveraging the medical record for capturing and reporting on quality metrics, especially through the Stroke Navigator
- Staffing resources for running four procedures simultaneously in the neurointerventional suite
- Tremendous data with consistent application of the PDCA improvement process
- Care provided by all disciplines is outstanding
- “Your team is invested. This is truly an enterprise-wide program. This is a great, great program!!!”
Thanks to everyone for your fantastic efforts in showing The Joint Commission, once again, that premier care is provided here at UMHS. Well done!