Traffic update: Plan ahead, expect delays
Please be advised that a combination of events and road work will result in traffic controls and road and lot closures in Ann Arbor beginning today and throughout the weekend. If you are scheduled to work or just plan to hang out downtown, be sure to plan ahead and expect delays.
Thursday, May 5:
- South Seventh Street between Jefferson and Madison will be closed to traffic for the installation of water utilities from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Liberty Street between Thompson and Division will be closed to traffic for the Ann Arbor Cinco de Mayo special event from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Saturday, May 7:
- East Washington Street between Fourth and Fifth Avenues will be closed to traffic throughout the day for street tree planting. Bus traffic will be maintained.
- Traffic on Main Street between Stadium Boulevard and Keech Avenue will be shifted as both northbound lanes will be closed for a crane lift at Michigan Stadium. One lane of traffic will be maintained in both directions from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday, May 8:
- A short project to re-stripe the paved portion of the Fuller Pool Lot will occur at midnight on Sunday, May 8 through Monday, May 9 at 4:30 a.m. During this time, parking will not be available in that area of the lot. Visit http://pts.umich.edu/.
For more information about city road and lane closures, click here.