Reminder: Observatory Street Construction Begins Today
May 16, 2016 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Don’t forget that beginning today, Observatory Street between East Ann Street and Geddes Avenue will be closed in phases for a water main and road reconstruction project. Work is expected to last through mid-August. Pedestrian access will be maintained through the Observatory Street area.
Be sure to plan ahead and expect delays. Also, remember to suggest to visitors and patients to add additional travel time during the next few months. Thank you in advance for your patience, flexibility, and cooperation. For more information on U-M bus route detours, visit http://pts.umich.edu/news/transit-alerts.php.
- Begins today with an anticipated end date of late June/early July.
- Observatory Street expected to be completely closed to vehicular traffic from East Ann Street to just south of East Medical Center Drive, including a full closure of the Observatory Street – East Medical Center Drive intersection.
- Traffic will be rerouted via Zina Pitcher Place, Washtenaw Avenue, and Geddes Avenue to Observatory Street.
- Washington Heights will be converted to two-way traffic to allow vehicular access between Observatory Street and East Medical Center Drive during this time.
- Begins late June/early July with anticipated end date of mid-August.
- Observatory Street expected to be completely closed to vehicular traffic from Geddes Avenue to just north of Washington Heights, including a full closure of the Observatory Street – Washington Heights intersection.
- Traffic will be rerouted via East Ann Street, Zina Pitcher Place, Washtenaw Avenue and Geddes Avenue.
- Washington Heights will remain converted to two-way traffic during this time to allow vehicular access to the M48, M28, M79 and M95 parking lots and loading docks from East Medical Center Drive.
- All on-street metered parking spaces on Observatory Street in the construction area, as well as U-M parking lots M34, M46, M49, E1 and E2 will be closed.
- Access to North University Court will be closed except for residents of the street and pre-arranged deliveries.
You must be logged in to post a comment.