Celebrate National Nutrition Month with MHealthy
The National Nutrition Month campaign is designed to focus attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits. In March, and year-round, MHealthy offers programs and resources to help you develop healthier eating habits, manage weight and feel your best. Choose what’s right for you!
Find healthier foods on or near campus:
- Use this handy catering and dining guide to find restaurants and university services offering healthier food options when eating on-the-go or catering an event or meeting.
Make delicious, healthier meals you and your family will love:
- Easily search through more than 300 delicious and satisfying MHealthy-approved recipes online.
- Also, coming April 28 to Dow Auditorium, take part in MHealthy’s new “In the Kitchen with Chef” demonstration. This one-hour session includes learning essential kitchen skills from a Picasso chef, Q&A and meal planning tips with a registered dietician, and of course, delicious food samples and recipes. You’ll also have an opportunity to win a bag of groceries to prepare the featured recipes at home! Registration opens April 7.
Learn strategies to meet your nutrition goals:
- Discuss goals, barriers, strategies, and other factors related to nutrition with a registered dietitian during a free, 30-minute MHealthy nutrition consult.
Find farm fresh produce on campus and in your community:
- U-M has partnered with local farmers to offer a convenient way to participate in a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program and pick up fresh seasonal produce on or near campus each week.
- Looking for CSAs and farmers markets closer to home? MHealthy’s site includes some useful locators and directories.
Get support for lasting weight-loss:
- Join Ready To Lose and get personal support, weekly educational webinars, individual and group coaching, and support from members who’ve been there and found success for lasting weight loss. For those with a BMI above 25.
- Also, through a special partnership with Weight Watchers®, U-M employees can join a 12-week Traditional or At Work program for half the price! As a bonus, you’ll also get Weight Watchers OnlinePlus® companion for free!