Active U starts next week – Don’t forget to register!
Registration is now open for Active U, MHealthy’s 12-week physical activity challenge. Sign up for Active U as an individual or by joining or creating a team. Then, from Jan. 12 – Apr. 4, track exercise minutes in the program’s online tracker.
This year, participants will be able to spend more time moving and less time logging minutes thanks to the program’s new Fitbit integration. Other program highlights include:
- Map the distance to the Rio games – In celebration of the 2016 summer games in Rio, when participants add their minutes to Active U, the program will convert the minutes to miles and map the trek from Ann Arbor to Rio de Janeiro
- Charity donation – make an optional small donation to give to charities chosen by Active U participants
- Prizes – Opportunity to win prizes each week just for logging exercise minutes
- Active U T-shirt – Earn a 2016 T-shirt for successfully completing the program (free to employees and grad students; small fee for spouses/other qualified adults (OQAs), undergraduate students and retirees)
- MHealthy Rewards – Qualifying benefits-eligible faculty and staff have the opportunity to earn $100 for successfully completing both Active U and the MHealthy Rewards 2016 health questionnaire (health questionnaire available starting Jan. 12)
Active U is open to all university faculty, staff, graduate and undergraduate students, retirees and employee spouses/OQAs. Tracking starts Jan. 12.
Learn more and register at mhealthy.umich.edu/activeu.