Register for Active U Autumn – Starts Sept. 22
Registration is now open for MHealthy’s annual fall physical activity challenge and charity fundraiser. Active U Autumn uses team camaraderie, peer motivation, and online tracking to encourage participants to be active at least three days a week and work toward achieving their weekly personal exercise goal. Participants can choose to sign up as an individual, join a team, or create their own team by inviting colleagues and friends to register.
This year’s program includes two major updates:
- Fitbit compatible – participants can now sync their Fitbit to the online tracker
- Two weeks longer – Active U Autumn is now eight weeks (Sept. 22 – Nov.16) instead of six
Other program highlights include:
- Charity donation – make an optional small donation through the program to support charities chosen by participants
- Convenient ways to log – participants can still use a computer or mobile device to track their exercise. They now can also input their time via text message
- Prizes – chances to win prizes by logging minutes or sharing photos on social media
For extra motivation, Active U Autumn is one of several health and wellness programs offered this fall that qualify for the MHealthy Grand Prize Drawing. Benefits-eligible faculty and staff and their U-M health plan enrolled spouses/OQAs can enter for a chance to win $500 to support their healthy behaviors. Six will win.
Sign up by Sept. 22 at mhealthy.umich.edu/autumn. Tracking starts Sept. 22 and continues for eight weeks.