Student Move-In brings traffic, parking changes Sept. 3-5
With this year’s student move-in taking place over part of the holiday weekend, community members can expect changes to the usual traffic and parking patterns. Move-In 2015 will take place Friday, Sept. 4 and Saturday, Sept. 5. The campus community should also anticipate increased traffic and rerouting on Thursday, Sept. 3, as preparations for Move-In get underway.
Some streets in the immediate vicinity of residence halls will see traffic-flow alterations, from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 3; 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 4; and Saturday, Sept. 5 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Traffic changes near the main Medical Campus include:
- E. Ann: One-way traffic flow eastbound from Zina Pitcher to Observatory streets.
- Observatory: One-way traffic flow southbound between E. Ann and Geddes streets.
Please alert patients and visitors of these changes before their appointment.
Click here for a map of traffic patterns and detour routes near University Hospital and the Cardiovascular Center.
Additional Traffic alterations:
- Thompson: One-way traffic flow southbound from Jefferson to Packard streets.
- E. Madison: One-way traffic flow eastbound between Thompson and State streets.
- E. Washington: One-way traffic flow westbound between Fletcher and State streets.
Most, if not all, parking meters in the immediate vicinity of residence halls will be bagged and reserved for students and families who display the proper Move-In unloading permit. Additional parking changes will impact University parking lots and structures that will be converted to Move-In use only for the duration of the program.
University lots and structures that will be converted to Move-In only are as follows:
- Lot M-28 (on Washington Heights)
- Lot M-95 (just east of Markley Hall – west half of lot dedicated to Move-In)
- Lot E-1 (on N. University Court across from Stockwell Hall)
- Palmer Parking Structure (N-26): All visitor parking will be for Move-In participants
DPSS officers and staff will be on site during Move-In and will aid in maintaining efficient traffic-flow in the residence hall areas.
Both the Ann Arbor Area Transit Authority and University Parking and Transportation Services will be changing some bus routes to accommodate the changes in traffic flow. Please visit their websites for details.
For additional information about Student Move-In 2015, please see www.housing.umich.edu/fall-movein