Celebrate achievements, innovation at Ice Cream Social & Researchpalooza
All employees are invited to celebrate the annual Ice Cream Social and Researchpalooza on Thursday, Aug. 20.
Stop by the University Hospital Courtyard and Medical School Circle Drive to learn more about the many achievements, innovations and partnership opportunities at the health system and Medical School. Enjoy the outdoors, get social with colleagues and UMHS leaders, and of course, eat ice cream!
While you’re there, don’t miss:
- Karaoke and musical entertainment
- Festival games and prizes
- Department and vendor tables with information and giveaways
- Ice cream sundaes and sugar-free alternatives
Ice Cream Social is offered over three shifts:
- Midnight: 5 – 7 a.m., UH Hospital Cafeteria
- Day: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., UH Hospital Courtyard and Med School Circle Drive
- Afternoon: 5 – 7 p.m., UH Hospital Courtyard
The fun doesn’t stop there! The Medical School Office of Research (OoR) is hosting Researchpalooza in front of the Medical School from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Located in the Circle Drive, there will be ice cream, popcorn, games and fantastic prizes. Come see 50+ exhibitors from labs and offices of the Medical School and across campus. Spend a few hours hearing the “word on the street” about the latest research collaboration and funding opportunities, and network in an informal atmosphere learning about new technologies and services available to biomedical researchers and staff.
The Medical School Office of Research will be sponsoring grand prizes such as an iPad, gift cards and money toward travel and professional development.